Sunday, February 28, 2016

How to Blog on Linkedin

Recently I have begun "blogging" on Linkedin.  As I use it, I see it as excellent way to have a blog without actually having to post as often.  There is a button on the home page that says "publish a post".

One great thing about using Linkedin to post on is those people you are connected to see when the update is published.  And usually, they are the ones who would care what you post about.

And after the post is made, there is an easy 1 click to share on your Facebook and Twitter.

Linkedin also allows you to categorize the post under topics like "Marketing", "Sales", "Social Media" etc.  That categorization allows people to surf through posts that interest them.

I even like the dashboard Linkedin provides to see how many people view your posts and on what days.  I get about 200 views on an article.  Considering I am connected to only 5,000 people on linkedin, this is about 4%.  But some of those clicks might be coming from other medias (like facebook (200 connections) and Twitter (4300 followers).

My rules for posting on Linkedin:

1 - Be professional.  Linkedin is for professional connections, so this is not a place for grandkid photos.  It is a place for business.

2 - No advertorial.  I know I am irritated if a post purports to give me value then moves on to "buy my product".  Anything promotional has to be very soft.  For example, I might use an example of Danby in one of my posts.  This mention does help brand but it is not a place to hard sell at all.

3 - It is ok to "re-post" content when it is unlikely the audience has seen it.  This is what I am doing now with my recent posts like "Improve your Dunbar", "Personal sells" and "Improve your Klout" .  They were previously published (some even on this blog) so it makes it easy to dust them off and edit them.  This makes posting very fast.

4 - Use a clickable title.  A juicy title encourages people to click.  One I did recently was "The most important 18 words - Fatal Mistakes".  Surely everyone wants to know about fatal mistakes.

++++++++++++++++++++
And for the chess or quantum enthusiasts, one of my good friends, A J Steigman wrote an article on Huffpo on quantum chess.  A J is a chess master which is partly what makes the article interesting.

+++++++++++++++++++
Today, Baby Elizabeth turned one.  We got her a window crank - what else could be more fascinating for a 1 year old?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home