Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More on Daniel Pink

I was in Ottawa yesterday. I do my sightseeing at dusk.

I reviewed "A Whole New Mind" by Daniel Pink a while ago. A friend emailed me a talk he did on motivation that I thought was excellent. It is 10 minutes which is a bit longer than I like but the message is excellent, thought provoking and controversial.

What I find interesting is people are not even clear in their own mind what motivates them and often say it is money when really it is not.

Short blog post today because I believe in the power of brevity (and I am busy).

2 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,

Pink has another book, called "Drive", which is about motivation (and probably a literary version of his talk - haven't read it yet though, it's next on my list).

I read three great books recently, thought I would share them on the off chance that you haven't read them:
Tribal Leadership
Employees First, Customers Second
Delivering Hapiness

Hope all is well,

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great video. Says a lot about corporate culture

 

Post a Comment

<< Home