Monday, July 13, 2009

TIme Tactics of Very Successful People

I recently read "Time Tactics of Very Successful People" by P. Eugene Griessman. Catchy title - especially for me since I devour time management stuff. Even though I wrote a book on time management I still cannot get enough of it.

The basis of all time management books is the same. Know what you want to do (Have goals), list what you have to do (the to do list) and Prioritize it.

Time Tactics of Very Successful People covers not only time management tips but has quite a focus on how to be successful.

Some gems from the book:

- The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is how they use thier time.

- Value your time more. It is worth more than you think so expect more.

- Neatness is more than a neurotic compulsion. It leads to efficiency and better time use.

- Make a game of saving time.

- "You may not be able to control the situation but you can control your reaction" Austin McConigle

- Planning pays huge rewards.

- Don't think it has to be broken to improve it. This is a great approach to life and to the systems we use. Always polish and improve.

Time Tactics is the same format size that most business books seem to be these days - 225 pages. One of my friends commented that he liked my time management book - "Time Leadership - Using the Secrets of Leadership for Management" because it was short (80 pages)

And right now I am practising time management. Writing this blog while waiting for an appointment. The beauty of time is you can always do something. Perhaps being an A type person, looking at time like this reduces my frustration where in the past I would have been frustrated by waiting or "wasted time".

I am also posting my motivational business quotes in the resources section of my website for those who don't follow me on twitter, linkedin or facebook. (and of course I automated the posting of it)

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Patti DeNucci said...

Really excellent blog with some common-sense, yet often forgotten advice. Thanks!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Anthony P. said...

Effective leadership skills are gleaned through various practices, including learning how to manage your time. If you can't manage your own time, then being an effective leader is all the more troublesome.

Like you say, the most successful people are great at squeezing the best out of every day. You can read more about time management and goal setting in my article, 7 Tips To Manage Your Time & Goals.
Thanks, -Anthony P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home