Sunday, May 10, 2009

Time Management Trick to Beat Procrastination

I am not sure if this is a genius new time management technique but it is one way that I recently got over some procrastination.

I had some files that I needed to go through and I was avoiding doing it because I don't particularly like doing paperwork.

In my office I have a round table for meetings in front of my desk and as I walk out of my office, I pass the round table. Every time I walked passed the table I dealt with one file.

I knew that I needed to deal with the files and sure enough fairly quickly I was able to go through the files. The strategy for this "out of sight, out of mind" so if you want to get some paperwork done, keep it visible so you will do it.

This ties in well with leave the room or place you leave slightly neater than when you entered it. Just putting one thing away each time can make a huge difference.

1 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, Anonymous The Relationship Guy said...

Great post Jim. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we just focus on one task at a time and complete it before moving on.

I work with a lot of people who avoid doing something because it's simply gotten out of hand. When they break things down into manageable pieces they can do almost anything.

Regards,

Guy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home