Wednesday, December 24, 2008



More beautiful snow here.

Thanks for the outpouring of support over my brother Mark's passing. 156 emails, 26 blog comments and 17 cards. I know, I kept them all.

I continue to be driven by "what would Mark want for me". He would want me to pause and reflect and remember. He would not want me to go into a depression or lose productivity. He would want me to continue to be a business builder. He always wanted what was best for me.

And when I start to think I have it rough, I know that Lyle has it rougher. He has to split his own wood now.

I won the Canadian Blog Award for best professional blog. Thanks to all who voted for me.

Quote for the day:

"When you are going through hell, keep going" Winston Churchill

I wish for everyone a healthy and happy holiday.

2 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, my friend...

I'm glad you are finding a way to incorporate Mark's value to you into your own life. Having grieved the loss of treasured family and friends many times, I know that it has always been a process of realizing my loved one's value and the things I cherished about them, and then finding a way to take that quality of them into my own life - my own self - and walk with their memory in that intimate way.

When what you admire in Mark becomes part of who you are, grief has done its work in you.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I am thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home