Friday, July 25, 2008

Profit Magazine Press for CEO Blog

I have been pleasantly surprised lately at how high my blog is on the search engine. First page on searches like CEO, CEO Leadership, Time Management, and hundreds of others like How do I run 10 miles. I think my page rank is increasing.

I read Profit Magazine on my flight today and noticed Jeff Dennis wrote an article mentioning my blog. Surprising because the article is online and I have a Google Alert set up with my name but I do not recall seeing it.

My quote for the day comes from the Globe and Mail.

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there, lest we all become like the cat that sits down on the hot stove lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove lid again - and that is well;but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore."

Mark Twain

I often see business people make this mistake. Be careful what you learn and is it true?

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,
Congrats on your press for your blog.
As for the question about the hot stove influencing the next decision - it happens to most people in my opinion but less to good decision makers.
On the other hand, having a healthy fear of getting burned is not such a bad thing, as thats why many businesses fail.
Fred.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home