Sunday, April 22, 2007

I Talk to Myself

Life has been a whirlwind. The warehouse move to Guelph and the Redmond acquisition on top of the usual stuff has been challenging.

I really cannot complain though. I like my life full and if it is not full, I tend to fill it (or overfill it). I have done this for as long as I can remember.

The weather is beautiful. Had a long run yesterday (18 miles).

One productivity tip I use is what I call Mantras or talking to myself. These are phrases I repeat to myself to keep on track. One of my favourites that I use when I am not as focused as I want to be is "Back to work". Simply repeating this phrase keeps me on track.

Other Mantras I use are "Successful People do Tough Things". I use this one to get through the difficult things. "What to Heck go for it Anyways". I use then when I am having cold feet. And "I am very Healthy, I Heal very Quickly". I need my health for productivity so that one makes sense. I also use "Garbage in, garbage out" when I find myself tempted with bad food and bad media. This one is not as positive as it should be though so I am going to change it to "I Honour my Mind and Body" (and when I am in the states "I honor my mind and body")

I have a ton of backlog I need to get through and I have a flight to catch so "Back to Work".

2 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Saturday I ran 16 miles, the most I've ever run in my life at one time. It was a marathon training run with 300 others who showed up to train. Dang, and you ran 2 more miles than I did!

Some of my favorite self-talk phrases includes "Let's Go!" (which means, pick it up and let's rock); "I have a super immune system" (which reminds me that I don't get sick easily); and "It's possible" (whenever doubt creeps in).

Always enjoy your blog! -Chris

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger steven edward streight said...

I'm Twittering about how your blog is a perfect example of a CEO blog, in reply to Fuel My Blog's mention of how hard it is to explain blogging to CEOs.

"Why would anyone care to read a CEO's diary?"

LOL, it's so obvious, but you are where the rubber meets the road for CEO Blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home