Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Framing

One of my friends emailed about my last blog post on perspective:

"Interesting......I have always found it useful to "frame" issues/problems/ a situation within its proper "context". Provides a different and more positive way of approaching things. Perhaps a variation of prospective thinking. Example would be to frame a problem as an opportunity."

Framing or reframing is a technique I use all the time. Sometimes is is as simple as thinking "isn't it great everyone wants to meet with me" rather than "my schedule is way too packed".


And another friend emailed me a great time management device I can use while I run.

3 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim
Be careful out there! Don’t get distracted with your new time management device while running! :-)

Gerhard

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger serenity said...

Great reminder. Perspective, and framing a situation can turn something that we think of in one way into something so much bigger and grander than we ever could have imagined. In fact, your post has now reframed something for me that I was thinking of as being overwhelming (and dreading) into an exciting challenge. Thank you for reminding me to make that shift.

Joyful blessings of peace be with you.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger steven edward streight said...

Ha ha ha ah...help. I've fallen and I can't get up!

That photo of the computer harnassed to the guy, computing in the great outdoors, is incredibly funny.

I need a way to compute flat on my poor back. This photo gives me ideas. Hmmm....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home