Monday, October 09, 2006

Finding Uninterrupted Time

Blogging for me tends to be inversely proportional to how busy I am and how much I travel. Hence the poor blogging record last week.

This weekend, I took 2 days off in Niagara on the Lake. Beautiful town. Saturday, I cycled from NOTL to Niagara falls and back. About 2 hours round trip. Add to this a 10K run on Sunday and I am a bit sore. I did not work out all all during the week because I was too busy so was feeling appropriately guilty.

I read in Harvard Business Review that sleep deprivation is bad. I have often approached sleep as a neccessary evil. Now I am trying to get more sleep. So far, I have a record of one day with 8 hours of sleep. Not sure I am going to target 8 but will try for 6 ir 7.

Although today is Thanksgiving (I am Canadian), I will work most of the day to get caught up. I also have a number of calls with the US scheduled. I also have lunch with my family which will be good.

I find I can be more than twice as productive when I have a good block of uninterrupted time like today or a weekend. So one trick to to find more uninterrupted time.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thanks giving Jim! :)

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jim...

I've often found that the best way to find uninterrupted time is to leave the house early to go into work at 4 or 5am before everyone else comes in.

Did my last duathlon for the year last week here in Green Bay, WI... brrrr, it's cold here. :)

Lastly, hey, we blogged about you last week: http://ezinearticles.com/blog/2006/10/jim-estill-author-spotlight.html

Cheers,
-Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home