Sunday, October 15, 2006

Calm

I am in Vancouver now. Heading for a conference in Whistler. On the flight out here, one of the books I read was awesome.

The book is "Calm - A Proven Four Step Process Designed Specifically for Women Who Worry" by Denise Marek. Ok why would I read it with a title like that? I don't consider myself to be a worrier. Denise is my friend and she sent it to me.

The book is well written, simple, fast to read and well organized. It would be a positive pick me up book but has enough depth to still add value.

She uses the word CALM as an acronym for "Challenge your assumptions", "Act to control the controlable", "Let go of the uncontrolable", and "Master your mind".

One of the great quotes in the book was "The times in your life you will regret are not the times when you looked foolish, they are the times when you took no action at all".

Like me, she also uses the word yet. I do not yet speak Italian. I do not yet play polo etc. As opposed to I don's speak Italian.

Denise used highly personal examples that personalized the book. (I find women often do that better than men).

Awesome book. Highly recommended! Good work Denise.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The times in your life you will regret are not the times when you looked foolish, they are the times when you took no action at all".
I love this sentense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home