Saturday, May 06, 2006

Running while taking cell calls - it works

I am in Greenville at the SYNNEX US sales conference. What I have learned:

1 - SYNNEX is loved by their vendors. The vendors are impressed by the job we do.

2 - We have a great group of people.

3 - There are distinct differences between SYNNEX US and SYNNEX Canada (and Mexico). The key for me is to try to bring the best of the US to Canada and vice versa.

4 - there is great team spirit on the SYNNEX team.

There is buzz at the SYNNEX conference especially amoung the senior people around our purchase of Azerty Canada.

Yesterday was a blur day. Up at 4:30 to catch the flight to Greenville (of course there are no direct flights - that would be too easy). Because the Azerty deal had just closed, I needed to deal with many press calls, an extra hundred or so emails from well wishers in the customer and supplier community (and if you are reading this and think you are burdening me too much by sending them, you are not - I like them). When I arrived at the hotel, I was too early to check in so I went to the health club and ran a slow 5 miles (in the US, I run in miles - in Canada, I run in Kilometers). I had the gym all to myself. Because of the number of cell calls I was getting, I learned I could slow the treadmill down to a brisk walk and still talk so the 5 miles definitely had a lot of walk time in it.

Slow long runs are one way I deal with allergies at this time of year. I had also missed 5 of my workouts in the past 3 weeks working on this deal so was feeling guilty.

And of course the party stayed going late.


1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, I don't read your blog for a few days and you further take over the world.

Congratulations Jim.

Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home