Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Dealing with Stress

Yesterday was highly stressful. I realize I deal with a lot of stress in my life. Some planned, some not. I am going to brainstorm on how I can better deal with stress (although outwardly, most people would say I deal well with it).

I often get people emailing me about my blog rather than commenting. One email I received had a good point on blogging. The response was about an article i wrote called '8 Tips On How To Write An Article In 20 Minutes'. The comment was:

" Another essential tip you might want to add is to write about what you know. Much blogging emphasizes writing on topics that is interesting to the author, but not necessarily what they know about. The end result is a glut of opinions and shallow insights."

Now I hope I am blogging about something I know about.

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that is a good point. "Write about what you know" is pretty subjective. An economics student trying to crystallize lessons by blogging might seem like "shallow insights" to a professor of economics, but does that invalidate the blog content for other students?

What of the blogger that documents their development in a new area of knowledge? Do we discount the benefit that has for others wanting to develop similar knowledge.

I say, write what you want and let the reader decide if it's shallow insight or just one more opinion.

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging topics may or may not interest everyone all the time, however, the fact that you are able to position the time to be so consistent in such a competitive business is admirable. Everyone takes something positive away from the blog in their own way.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to the insight on dealing with stress.

For me, when I drive home from work, I listen to classical musical and let the stress wash away. As soon as I get to a certain place near my house, where things start to get greener and I see families walking outside, it melts away.

Not completely, but home is where the heart is, and hopefully is a stress-free haven (most of the time!)

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess the commenter sees blogging as an end product rather than a process.

I believe insights come in many depths. Shallow is another persons profound.

What we 'know' today will be different tomorrow simply because the world is dynamic, not static. We are inter-connected, not isolated individuals. The only real certainty is change.

Sue Richards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home