Thursday, April 20, 2006

Winning in Life and Sales.

I moved my CEO blog to my own domain courtesy of www.easydns.com. Buy your domain names from them - they are good people. So if you bookmark this change it to http://www.jimestill.com/

I was advised that this is a way to increase the legitimacy of my blog. Ultimately this yeilds more traffic. I figure if I am going to blog, I might as well have lots of readers. I checked and most CEO blogs are on their own domain.

It was good to play duplicate bridge tonight. Takes my mind off a stressful day. I won with only a 54% average. Most of the other players played between 47 and 53.5% games. Not much difference.

It reminds me of the very small difference between the winner and the rest of the people in life. It applies to many areas. Great Olympic atheletes are only fractions of a second faster than ones you have never heard of.

A lot of what we do involves sales. Coming in second in sales mean you make no sale. Each presentation we give that results in no sale means no revenue. We need to learn from each failure (and in sales - second is a failure) so we often ask prospects for a debriefing. Often they say we came in second. Big deal. We do not want second - we need first. So we need to learn, course correct and win.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your own URL Jim! :)

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site, but www.davidestill.com is still a bit rough around the edges... I look forward to its completion!

-Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home