Monday, February 20, 2006

Be Thankful

Today I was a pall bearer at one of my good friends’ funeral. Christina Tyson died at age 36 of breast cancer. She is survived by two young sons and her husband Greg Bobier. There is a calendar being dedicated to her.

I have been fortunate in my life not to have had to deal with the death of very many people who I have been close to. It helps me to realize that I should be thankful for those people that I do have in my life and let them know that more often.

Days like today put any other "tough" days in prospective.

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year in the midst of All things business, our family lost 3 of our close relatives and all within a short period of time, one young 23 yr. old cousin in a vehicle accident. One was to lung cancer, a close uncle to cancer. It is an awful disease. A friend said to us a few yeas ago - remember you may have 40 summers, falls, winters and springs to see, if you are lucky, make sure you invest them with the people that you wish to be doing the things that are fun for you and good for the world. This really hit home last year. Your view of things is always positive and uplifting, even in times of sadness. Time well invested in our 40 or so years left. Your Friend was a lucky person to have been associated with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home