Monday, October 03, 2005

The Rule of 11

Today was an easy day in the Guelph office (although I had a lot of calls so did not accomplish all that I had hoped and almost never left my office to talk to anyone which I had intended to do). Even got in a squash game - my first in months.

My time tip today almost seems childish but it works. I don't do it all the time and have not done it in a while. I call it the rule of 11 after a bridge rule that is totally unrelated.

On a sheet of paper write a list of things you would like to do or not do. Ideas include walk a mile, walk up extra flights of stairs, call or write someone special, don't eat dessert, eat fresh vegetables, take a vitamin, don't play video games etc. Make the list things that are small and easy to do or not do. Then start the day with 11 pennies in your left pocket. Each time you do one of the things on the good list, move a penny to your right pocket. Each time you do something on your bad list move one back. The game is to move all your pennies to your right pocket each day. Success in life has to do with the little things and 11 little things(net) each day add up. Simple and childish but nothing wrong with being a bit childish sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home