Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Katrina and the "Don't do" list

Sore from an aggressive workout this morning. Third in duplicate bridge tonight. Who says I am not balanced.

I think we are all touched by what we see happening in the aftermath of Katrina. It is horrific to imagine the plight of those who have lost their loved ones, their homes, their jobs and the life they knew. I am thankful for the employee who approached me to have SYNNEX contribute to the relief effort – we will be contributing.

I will not comment on the politics of the situation. Why – because I don’t do politics.

This is my time tip tonight. Have a “don’t do” list. This saves me a lot of time. I don’t do politics so do not have to go to political meetings, do fund raising etc. I don’t yet play golf; again saving hours (I could likely play almost every day in the summer if I wanted to). I don’t fundraise. I give generously and support others that do but I don’t currently fundraise. The better I know myself the better I am able to construct my “don’t do list”.

One way I do it is by tracking my time and logging what I like doing (and hence am usually good at) and what I do not like doing. Taking things from my don’t like list and adding them to my don’t do list is a great time saver.

Notice the word yet or currently. I don’t YET/CURRENTLY. This gives me to option to take it up at some future date when I feel I have the time or the inclination.

Bruce Johnson’s blog with further expands this topic.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The don't do list is a Great idea!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Cathie said...

I hope you don't vote, either. If you can't be informed, you shouldn't affect the rest of us. (Just tired of people who don't pay attention to their government voting for people who are destroying this country.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home