Friday, August 05, 2005

On Challenge

Preparing to head to the airport.

I am as up to date as I can be for being on the road.

My daughter Beth Estill asked me to promote one of her projects on my blog. Good to see she has a marketing flair. She is currently working hard to plan and organize Arts and Science Orientation week at Queen’s University. An important part of their week is devoted to raising funds for Shinerama, a charity which raises money for Cystic Fibrosis research (http://www.ccff.ca/ ). If you have anything you would be willing to donate towards this very worthy cause, be it money or items for their raffle, please contact her at: ocsocio@asus.queensu.ca.

I had lunch with Bob Huang today. He commented that the distribution business is a tough business. I agree but also think most businesses are and need excellence in execution to win. It is this constant quest that will make us great.

And the thought for tonight (not a Jim Estill Original but modified from somewhere)

I do not wish for less challenge (or for the not so positive – less problems). I wish for more strength, tools, systems and persistence to overcome the challenges that come my way. I do not wish for more strength, tools, systems and persistence to overcome the challenges that come my way, rather I will strive to create them.

4 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth: Count me in for $200. Please collect from Jim next time you see him.


Very worth cause.

Uncle Mark

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An interesting quote paraphrase at the tail end of your post for sure, absolutely applicable to our business lives.

It reminds me of how immersed we have become in the world of technology. How it dominates our lives and that of our children.

I wonder if we (generally speaking) are missing something in not having a more simple life, one less 'plugged in' to all that is electronic.

Musing by Glenn

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Jim Estill said...

Good point on the simplicity. Part of what I try to do is keep things simple (but I still remain plugged in)

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim:

One of my very best friends, biked across Canada last summer to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. Would be glad to pass along his contact info, if this would help Beth in what she is trying to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home