Monday, August 15, 2005

No Time Tips Today

I left Toronto 40 minutes late Sunday night. Arrived in Philadelphia 60 minutes late and ran with my bags to the connecting flight to Greenville. Fortunately (I thought at the time), the flight was delayed by 30 minutes. Not bad I thought. Then they changed the departure time from 8:30 to 10:30 then 11:30 then 2:45. I am thinking, as long as I get to Greenville in time for my presentation. Then at about 1 they cancelled it. So I booked a 6 AM flight to New York which had a connection to Greenville that would get me in before 11. So no point in trying to get a hotel room. I could rest with 100 of my close friends (other flights were also cancelled that night) in the super comfortable vinyl chairs while they vacuumed and cleaned with the lights on full (Great energy saving idea – turn out the lights!). The morning flight was delayed 30 minutes but I did make it to Greenville with my most restful sleep being the 2 hour flight from New York. Total travel time about 20 hours by the time you take the wait in Toronto (Thinking how long to drive?). Perhaps the perks of executive travel are not what people think.

So finally I arrived at SYNNEX 50 minutes before the end of the training (Usually I would take 1:15 to 1:30 to do my presentation.) No problem – John Paget had covered for me and filled the time. I ran through it fast – finished on time.

So it really is true, I can give my Time Leadership presentation in my sleep.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim

Enjoyed reading your blog for the 1st time today. I have been driving a lot in the past 2 years mostly sales and service calls, as far as Nebraska, S. Carolina, Missouri. Mostly to save $, but I find the border takes 10 seconds, I can leave anytime (although winter is a bit sketchy). Also have found some hidden highway gems - route 90 in SW Missouri recently was really nice - (scenery a bit like the Caledon Hills) Take Care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home