Monday, July 25, 2005

Health books and the golden hour

I am just done a fairly lazy weekend. Hiked on the Bruce Trail near Dundas on Sunday. It was raining lightly for most of it. Saw Jennifer off at the airport late last night.

Lots of time to read which I love. I finished a number of books on health this weekend since one of my friends lent me his library of books on health. The list included “52 simple steps to Natural Health”, “The new Nutrition”, “Eat Right for Your Type” and “Optimum Sports Nutrition”.

One thing I do a lot of with health books is to filter the information heavily. I take a note of the publishing date since health information tends to change. Reading maturity is being able to read a book and not reject the whole book if there is a small part of it that is not agreeable. I like to take the material and make it mine. Modify, filter and use it.

With the health books, the summary is old fashioned do what you mother said and eat right. Eat your vegetables and fruits. Limit sugar and fried foods. Limit food intake appropriately. Exercise. Eat more smaller meals – not less meals. Eat more raw food. Moderation and variety are good. Take a multivitamin. Many health books tend to make it way more complex than that and suggest certain foods are bad, certain artificial foods and supplements are best and complicated ways of eating.

Right now I am enjoying the golden hour. The time early in the morning before everyone else is up. There are so many things I like to do during this hour (or in my case since I like to do so many things, I could use a golden 3 hours). This is a great time to meditate. I like to do some yoga (although I do this less than I would like). This is a great time to journal. I like to eat a healthy but light breakfast. And of course I like to work out. I even enjoy a short walk before my workout. All this and be at my desk by 7 or 7:30 so I can get a good jump on my day.

4 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite agreed.

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

really enjoyed it. Thanks!

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so very much for taking your time to create this very useful and informative blog.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home